Thursday, February 27, 2014

Jumpsuit uniform


ETA: I tried it on, loved how it fit, especially the way the top drapes in the back. Wilfred and Aritzia shops don't have dressing room mirrors, only a large common-area one, which I'm assuming is a way to dissuade photographs? At any rate, I found the sizing to be normal. The 6 fit, I could probably have sized down to a 4, but then the pants might have been too tight. The top fit loose, but that's typical for me. The fabric is also quite substantial. It would work best as a transitional piece during the spring and fall.
 

I saw this Wilfred Emouvant Jumpsuit in the shop window at Aritzia and am seriously considering it in black. I have no idea if the fit will work on me, but I'm increasingly drawn to the one-piece as an easy uniform option.

6 comments:

Mona said...

I love the idea but I never managed to let go of the last significant bit of belly coupled with large chest from two pregnancies so I am thinking the side view on me would not work.
I love the look adding a blazer would make it very cool

erica said...

I know what you mean, it isn't the most forgiving shape. I tend to avoid anything with a fitted elastic waist. I like the idea of a blazer, though! Will have to try it on this weekend and report back.

Evan Cooper said...

I find jumpsuits tricky. I'm tall but they make me short. They seem to highlight figure flaws even as they promise ease. Not so easy when going to the bathroom either so their practicality may be more illusory than real.

Jade said...

cute! i once had a mociun jumpsuit with a short bottom that made me look like an oversized toddler! but, i have seen some people rock jumpsuits to the nines. hope it works out for you; i could see it looking pretty stunning based on how you already dress.

leanne said...

I think you could rock this! Hope it works out - would love a report. I've been thinking about a jumpsuit for this season but can't seem to find the right one yet.

erica said...

I'm hoping I won't look like a construction worker/overgrown toddler in this jumpsuit. It made me think of a very stylish collectivist society. We'll see how it goes this weekend!