Thursday, March 13, 2008

shaybelle



I found Shaybelle's lovely designs through Chelsea and Unruly Things. I have been patiently waiting for Jenny's new collection, but I really 'needed' some handmade clothing 'right now' [.....] so, I couldn't decide between the Carpenter (top) and Prim (bottom) dresses by Shaybelle, but I finally settled on the latter. I don't think this will be the last time I order something from her, though, so there's no rush [....] I have something else in the works that I'm really excited about.

I've decided to see how long I can last buying only handmade or used clothing.

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Neato. I love that goal. Keep us posted.

Joanna Goddard said...

yes, she has such simple yet beautiful lines. i love the prim dress.

/// said...

OMG I looooooove this dress!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great, and a great (if potentially expensive) goal...it really carries over to other things, too, like local farmer's markets and coffee shops...

Dianna said...

great idea & one which i've thought about often, but have yet to attempt. love both dresses!

Field Trip said...

Nice choices! Love both.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

hi,
i just stumbled upon your blog, do you know where one can find nice brown boots like the ones in the second picture, and comfortable?

thanks,
linda

erica said...

linda-
madewell sells brown boots that are similar, but i don't know if they're comfortable or not. the price is pretty good, though $180.

i really love frye's boots, which you can find on zappos or piperlime, among many other sites. they're more expensive, $200-400 range, but i find them to be really well made and comfortable.

sometimes anthropologie carries simple brown boots, but i've never purchased boots from them so i can't attest to the quality.

if comfort is important to you, either consider thrift stores or something like the frye boots.