Wednesday, January 02, 2008

knitting



i've been knitting these pixie hats because my sister in law is due in a few weeks and i've yet to come up with a decent present. i've been using debbie bliss' baby cashmerino, but my friend margaret gave me a skein of chunky yarn from argentina, so i tried to make one for myself. i'm not completely satisfied with the results, but i'm off to a good start. i think the cashmerino is better suited to this type of hat. my ultimate goal will be to replicate my crocheted steven alan alpaca aviator cap, which they no longer sell.

7 comments:

erica-knits said...

Oh my! I love this hat, you are adorable!

erica said...

thanks erica! now if only i could make mittens like yours...

Unknown said...

I love this little hat especially the top. the little chin strap is amazing.

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

Stephanie said...

so adorable! very gnome like.

Chelsea said...

Love it!!

Anonymous said...

v. cute, do you just knit a rectangle, fold it in half, and sew the edges to get the little pointy part?

I like the chin strap, you're very inventive!

erica said...

oh, i'm not inventive at all! i used a baby hat pattern from shescrafty.com. but it's basically a rectangle with a little bit of reducing (i don't think it's necessary). super easy to make.