Sunday, February 25, 2007

in preparation for my vietnam trip

In about a week and a half, I will be in Hanoi. My travel plans are pretty flexible. I need to be in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City, or HCMC) by April 3 to return to Los Angeles. Needless to say, I'm a bit scared out of my wits, having never traveled alone, especially in a country where I can't speak the language or even fake it like in Ecuador. To make myself feel better, I bought a couple things in preparation for the trip.

Exhibit A:
Dace Molly Rain Jacket. The fabric seems like it might actually repel water. I wish the hood were detachable, but otherwise, I'm quite satisfied.




Exhibit B:
A wedding band by Gabriella Kiss, 14 kt rose-gold with the word "AMOR" engraved in a very spaced-out fashion. I'm not really into inscriptions on jewelry (although I do have a Tiffany silver heart charm bracelet with my name engraved on it. if you're going to be silly and own such a thing, you might as well go all the way). And I'm really not a heart person, either. But somehow it works for me. Plus, it fits perfectly and will be difficult to lose while traipsing about Saigon. Hopefully I won't be harassed or seen as a conspicuous pickpocket target. I don't think my wedding band and engagement ring are particularly eye-catching, but maybe in Vietnam they would be a liability.






1 comment:

jenny gordy said...

i'm having a heart attack right now because you have that jacket. i've been wanting that jacket all summer! good for you!